We want you to bank with confidence and a greater peace of mind.
At MAXA Financial, we take privacy and security seriously. Nothing is more important than protecting your personal and financial information. We are committed to keeping your information safe and want to provide you with the tools and knowledge to protect yourself.
Your online security is important to us!
MAXA Finanical offers the following ways to maximize your online security.
All online transactions with online banking are encrypted. The information traveling between your computer or phone and a server is translated into unreadable messages. Scrambling data into an unreadable format makes it difficult for unauthorized individuals to obtain. Once the destination is reached, the messages are decrypted back into useable material.
128-Bit Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) Encryption
To access our services, your browser must also support 128-bit Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption. All browsers online banking supports meet this requirement. If yours doesn’t, please download the appropriate encryption support from your browser’s supplier. Keeping your browser up-to-date, does a better job keeping your data safe.
A higher level verification process is another added security feature to our online banking. Security questions makes it harder for unauthorized people to gain access.
Our direct alerts will let you know when important changes are made to your online banking information. These alerts add another level of security to your account. You need to monitor these and report any potential fraudulent activity as soon as it happens. If you receive an alert but did not perform a change in Internet Banking, contact us immediately and we can address your concerns and take the appropriate steps to fix things.
Signing up for Direct Alerts:
- Login to online banking.
- Navigate to the Messages and Alerts tab, click on Manage Alerts to display the Mobile Alerts page. Choose Register for Alerts.
- You will be asked to accept the Alerts Agreement before completing your registration.
- From here, add an email contact, phone contact (or both!) and follow the instructions received in the confirmation email or text.
- Next, select account nicknames and choose which alerts you’d want to get.
- Managing Your Alerts Service.
Protect yourself with a secure password!
Creating a strong and secure password for your online banking can help protect you from potential fraud.
Tips on creating a strong password (PAC):
- at least 1 uppercase letter.
- at least 1 lower case letter.
- at least 1 number
- at least 1 special character, you can use the following: @#$%^&*
- Password length must be between 8 to 30 characters
- No spaces
Your security is important to us!
We want to help you protect yourself against identify theft.
Always protect your personal information! Your Social Insurance Number (SIN), address, date of birth and signature can all be used to open passports, credit cards or bank accounts. Guard your mail and Personal Identification Numbers (PINs), use secure social media accounts and passwords, and be sure to shred unnecessary documents with sensitive information. Only share personal information with trusted third parties and monitor your account activity. Be careful.
This is when something can look real, sound real – but is it? Phishing experts will use hoax emails, fake websites and misleading phone calls to gather your personal information. This can lead to identity theft, or financial loss.
Tips to protect yourself:
- Don’t open email from sources you don’t know.
- MAXA Finanical will never ask you for your PIN in an email, and will never ask you to click a link to validate your account.
- If an email has obvious spelling mistakes, urgent requests for money or personal information – it may be a scam.
- Be sure web links are legitimate – if you hover over a link with your mouse, be sure both links match.
- If a phone call feels suspicious, hang up and call back on a trusted phone number.
- Monitor your bank accounts regularly to identify suspicious transactions.
If you believe you have been a victim of Identity Theft or Phishing:
- Immediately file a police report and ask for a copy to provide the evidence to the various companies you will need to follow up with.
- Contact MAXA Financial.
- Change any compromised usernames, passwords and PINs.
- Contact Equifax Canada and Trans Union Canada to request identity protection and your credit report.
- Report identity theft and fraud to the Canadian Anti-Fraud Centre.
We are committed to protecting our member’s privacy and safeguarding their personal and financial information. Please email all privacy questions, reports or incidents to email@example.com.