Westoba Board of Directors is looking for enthusiastic, skilled members to join the Board and contribute their expertise to the future of Westoba Credit Union Ltd.
Online application is open Friday, January 7th and closes at noon on Friday, February 4th.
WCU’s Board operates as a collective of three districts and focuses on bringing a member-focused view-point while setting the long-term strategy for the credit union. The Board is specifically interested in attracting new Directors this year with previous experience in agriculture, business, human resources, information technology, and business combinations and development.
Before putting your name forward as a candidate, please read the Westoba Board Application Guide to familiarize yourself with the election process and future commitments, should you become a Westoba Director.
Three seats are open this year:
- District 1 (Brandon/MAXA) – one seat open
- District 2 (Carberry/Souris/Rivers/The Pas/Glenboro) – one seat open
- District 3 (Killarney/Ninette/Cartwright/Swan Lake/Pilot Mound/La Riviere/Winnipeg) – one seat open.
To be considered as a candidate, you must complete your application online by February 4th, at 12 PM CST. Candidates filing incomplete forms as of 12 PM CST on February 4, 2022, will be disqualified from the election process.
Why Run for the Board?
One of the best things about being part of a credit union is that we are membership based. With your membership share, you have certain rights – one of which is being nominated and elected to the Board!
Once a part of the Board, you’re a voice for the membership and tasked with helping set the direction of our credit union. This is an exciting opportunity to collaborate with others in building something wonderful – a great credit union! You have a chance to make a difference, which is a pretty powerful thing.
Other benefits to joining the board are . . .
- Expanding your knowledge and skill set . . When you’re on the Board, you’re exposed to all aspects of the operations. This includes everything from reviewing financial reports to getting updates on various aspects of the business like human resources, marketing and communications and IT (to mention only a few).
- Gaining leadership experience . . The Board is responsible for setting the direction of our credit union. As a Board Director, you are in a leadership role. You were chosen by our members and are accountable to them in making a range of decisions that are in the best interest of the credit union as a whole.
- Increased networking opportunities . . . As a Board Director, you will represent our credit union at various events and conferences locally, provincially and nationally. You will get to meet other people who are part of the cooperative movement!
Westoba’s Board of Directors ensures that Westoba has strong effective management and that the credit union’s strategic objectives are in your best interest.