MAXA Financial takes banking security seriously. Nothing is more important than protecting your personal and financial information. We are committed to keeping your information safe.
MAXA Financial online banking transactions are always encrypted and unreadable until they reach the intended destination. We use 128-bit Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption and browsers need to support this in order to use our online banking services. Security questions makes it harder for unauthorized people to gain access to your account and are an additional safety feature in our verification process.
We offer the following ways to maximize your online security, and encourage our members take these important precautions to safeguard their account.
- STRONG PAC
Make sure you are using a Strong PAC (Personal Access Code). What is a strong PAC? A strong PAC should include:
- at least 1 uppercase letter
- at least 1 lower case letter
- at least 1 number
- at least 1 special character, you can use the following: @#$%^&*
- Password length must be between 8 to 30 characters
- No spaces
It should not include your real name, company name, or phone number. We recommend the use of Passphrases which are easy to remember and highly secure.
As well, it’s best practice to be changing your passwords on a regular basis.
2. DIRECT ALERTS
You can also sign up for direct alerts to let you know when important changes are made to your online banking information and adds another level of security to your account.
Using these alerts, you can monitor and report any potentially fraudulent activity as soon as it happens. If you receive an alert but did not perform a change in Internet Banking, contact us immediately and we can address your concerns and take the appropriate steps to fix things.
To sign up to receive direct alerts you need to:
- Login to online banking.
- Navigate to the Messages and Alerts tab, click on Manage Alerts to display the Mobile Alerts page. Choose Register for Alerts.
- You will be asked to accept the Alerts Agreement before completing your registration.
- From here, add an email contact, phone contact (or both!) and follow the instructions received in the confirmation email or text.
- Next, select account nicknames and choose which alerts you want to get.
Have a question about your banking security? Reach out to us by sending us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or calling our Virtual Services line at 1-866-366-MAXA.